Thursday 20 October 2011

A very informal wedding

I was invited to a friends wedding which was taking place in early October and asked if it would be OK to take my camera ( a Fuji S5000) along to capture some informal images of the day.  I decided to take some shots in colour but to concentrate mainly on black and white. I wanted to capture all the unseen moments that go on by the guests so that the new married couple could look back and see what they had missed!

 As the day was going to be busy I made sure that my camera was safely packed.  Throughout the day I checked that there was nothing hanging out of my bag that could get caught or that little fingers could pull on and that my camera bag was stowed away when not in use. 


 The first of a few beers to steady the nerves.......
Although this photo is busy, I like that the focal points are slightly higher so that they still stand out against the backgound of the building.

Those shoes weren't made for walking in....  I like the almost black and white feel to this as it makes the skin tone and hair colour stand out but the focal point is still the fastening of the shoe.

 The formal v's the informal....... I think that the plain black and red cravat beside the candy stripe shirt work so well.  This picture has colour, tones, patterns and texture in the background and it still works.
Jokes to steady the nerves........  I'm not sure that this works too well as there are too many angles behind the heads of the subjects but I do like the sun just lighting the chimney and the shadow it creates.
The serious chat.......  I think this works very well in Black and white, the brick work creates a good background for the silhouettes.
'He had to go and spoil it!'  They were the comments of my friend when she saw this photo.  I tried this photo in different tones but I liked it best in sepia.
Elegant exit? .........  This photo works well with the three main colours, with the focal point being pink. I like how the shadow falls over the ladies face - therefore keeping her identity (and dignity!) a secret.

Swept away in the moment.......  Love this totally natural shot.  There is movement created with her hair and the colour of her dress add impact.
Captivated........  This young boy was captivated by the whole event and couldn't take his eyes off the bride.
With this ring.......  This image works well and I like the way the light is filtering through the brides veil.
Just Married........
Colour co-ordinated............  I took this shot as I loved the contrast of colours, shapes, lines, patterns, texture and form.
The first pint as a married man - and it tasted good!   
Can I play too?........ This little group captured my attention and I took this shot to capture the little girls expression.  The balloons add another focal point and balance the picture.
Cut the CAKE dear........

My Daddy, my hero.........

Am I doing this right?........  I like how this turned out with the colour and patterns.
Nah - You are having a laugh............  Love this candid shot.  I think it works very well in the tonal shades and there are lots of shapes too which add to the picture. 
The lone dancer..........   The straight lines of the table and chairs and the lines on the wallpaper give the person a perspective of falling forwards.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~**********~~~~~~~~~~~
Although I don't try to emulate anybody's style when I'm taking photographs, I can see that I look at the taking shots in a very similar way to Martin Kikulis in as much as the photographs are not posed, are informal and are fun!  

No comments:

Post a Comment