Thursday 10 November 2011

An afternoon in Chester

I was going to do my second theme on Built Environment but changed my mind and decided to do Nature instead but thought I would add these pictures to my blog as there are a couple that actually still work with that theme.



I was offered a trip to Chester so I packed my camera and off I went. 
Chester sits on the river Dee and its history dates back to AD 79 when it was founded as a fort, known as Deva, by the Romans.  A lots of its history can still be seen but as I was only there for a couple of hours I decided to walk the walls and view Chesters' history from there.



The main street in the shopping area.  I like how busy this photo is and the perspective of it.
The North Wall - I tried to take this photo to show the straight lines of the buildings and the curves that have been added in modern times.  It is a picture of old and new working together.

The River Dee. 

A look out post that sits on the wall surrounding Chester.  I like the texture of the bricks and the shape and colour of the composition.
Chester Town Hall - The top of the picture is almost framed by the clouds and the colours work well.   I like all the different shapes and tones of this shot.
 Chester Cathedral.  I tried to use the trees as a frame for this shot and to capture the curves of the windows against the straight lines of the building.










 

4 comments:

  1. Hi
    These images are still usable and I will draw as much value form them to go towards your theme,ie natures struggle with the man made world, ie the castle and trees shot you have here, etc..if you have any more that would fit that train of thought that would be fine and markable.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the cathedral and trees shot as well

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    And you blog labels are coming together better, and you are more settled with your direction now.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi
    Can you make sure that you have got images selected into a top 40 or so images for next week please so we can sit and select your best work for each theme.
    Your research needs to be more detailed and more images of other photographers work, check the assignment paper which spans all of the units on this course for a reminder.
    I will help you with this.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete