Thursday 17 November 2011

The Washlands - Taking the time to look..........

I have lived in the area for almost 20 years and have often walked or cycled round the Washlands but I have never actually taken photographs so I decided that I would spend an afternoon wandering round and instead of just rushing along - actually taking the time to look at what the area has.  I got my camera, extra batteries, and off I went............


This is taken from the 'new' road bridge.  I like how the straight lines of the bridge contrast with the shapes and colour of the trees and water.

I used the pillars and trees as a frame to draw your eye to the middle of the photo.  

The pond weed covers the water making the swan and signets look like they are floating on pea green soup!  
Again I used the trees around the swan as a frame for this shot.

This basket feature is actually on a slope and I wanted to try and show that so I took this at an angle but still kept the flowers as the focal point.

St Peters Church screened by trees.  The straight lines of the tower sets off the shapes and patterns of the trees and your eye is drawn from the centre of the picture upwards.
Lots of colour, patterns and shapes in this shot.
A sculpture of St Modwen.  I used the trees as a background to accentuate the features of the sculpture
Shades of green - I like how this shot is all green but with the different forms, shapes, patterns, textures and tonal ranges it works!

I took this photo to try and show scale - using the swans against the steps and the steps against the lamp post and the lamp post against the trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment